Support – When You Need it Most
If you’re feeling confused, overwhelmed or frightened by the challenges of serious or long-term illness, we get it. If you’re considering geriatric, hospice or palliative care, we can help you understand your options and the potential impact of your decisions.
There is no need to feel helpless and frustrated with a loved one’s healthcare challenges because we’ve been down this road many times and know how to help you navigate through a complex and impersonal healthcare system.
Our mission is to reduce the struggle, confusion and fear associated with aging and illness, while enhancing the quality of life for our patients, families, and loved ones.
This revolutionary approach to personalized geriatric care allows patients anywhere in Southern California to remain in their own homes, safely and comfortably.
There’s no pressure to make any decisions or take any actions when you give us a call. We’re here to help. Just call and learn more: 858-925-7554.
Our approach to Geriatric Care includes:
- Personalized, tailored care plans – Anywhere in San Diego County
- Exceptional communication – Frequent, clear, timely
- Unhurried in-home visits – Physicians and nurses come to you, and are available when you need them
- 24/7 access – Access to your personal Integrated MD Care physician and nurses by phone, text, or email at all times
- Coordination/oversight – of all aspects of care, including home-health services, medications, caregiving, specialist referrals, hospice care, and medical equipment logistics
- Professional collaboration – We’ll work with your primary care physician, specialists or any provider you choose
- Alternative treatment guidance – We will introduce and facilitate alternative treatment options that you rarely find in traditional healthcare models
- Integrative therapists – Priority scheduling of massage therapy, acupuncture, music therapy, physical therapy, spiritual care, and more
- Facilitating End-of-Life Conversations and Planning – When appropriate, we have the experience, knowledge, and resources to assist you in reviewing all options available for ensuring a peaceful and dignified last stage of life
- Assistance at any stage – We’re here to help you navigate this complex journey: after an illness, injury, or toward comfort-focused care (i.e. hospice)
- Alternative or Enhancement to hospice – Hospice care can be a blessing, but there are strict qualifying guidelines and serious limitations. The quality of care can also be inconsistent. We provide education and support, and ensure that only the best care is being delivered to our patients.
Because we are not an insurance-based model there are no restrictions, limitations or qualifications to interfere with our commitment to you and your loved ones.
What is Geriatric Care at Home?
Complex illness is a complex issue. It doesn’t just affect the body, it affects the whole person—their heart, their soul, their spirit. Unfortunately, those are things the traditional health care system is not equipped to deal with. As a result, patients and families usually don’t get the support and guidance they need, and the consequences can be tragic.
“I think the only way to protect yourself and your loved ones is to have some kind of an advocate guiding you, someone who’s familiar with the strange ways of the medical world, who can help you judge what is or isn’t in your or your loved one’s best interest.”
Dr. Bob Uslander
Our Geriatric Care at Home program offers your loved ones the ability to live a comfortable and dignified life at home through personalized, in-home physician services, expert nurse care coordination, and integrative therapies when desired. This is a level of care you won’t find anywhere else.
We provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to maintain the highest quality of life, address changes of condition and concerning symptoms promptly, and co-create a life that’s tranquil and dignified, for weeks, months or years to come.
Why You Should Call Today – 858-925-7554
If you’re asking yourself questions like this, call us today:
- Which treatment options will honor my values and protect my quality of life?
- What will happen if I start to lose my memory or my ability to take care of myself?
- How will I know when it makes sense to keep fighting?
- How will I know when it’s time to stop?
- If I do decide to stop, what happens then?
- How do I prepare for the best possible death and live the best possible life leading up to it?
This is where most doctors run out of time and answers. It’s the point when many of them want to transfer your care to someone else – a long-term care facility, hospice, or maybe a psychiatrist or a therapist. Just when you need that doctor’s support the most, far too often you are shut down, or handed off to strangers.
During times of stress, anxiety, and fear, many people hesitate to reach out for help. Our personalized approach to palliative, hospice, and end-of-life care begins with a simple phone conversation between you and your physician.
Whether you’re in Del Mar, La Jolla, Encinitas, Hillcrest, or anywhere in San Diego County, we’re here for you. Call 858-925-7554.
During this initial conversation:
- We listen carefully and learn what matters most to you
- You’ll feel relieved, peaceful and more hopeful – just by being heard
- You’ll begin to let go of feeling lost and afraid
- You will regain control over what happens to you
- You will discover the clarity you’ve been looking for
- You will understand a wider variety of choices than you’ll find anywhere else
“Far too often patients and families are told ‘there is nothing more we can do’ and they are referred to a hospice agency for ‘comfort care.’ This is simply not correct. There is SO MUCH MORE that can be done to enhance a person’s quality of life and dignity.”
Dr. Bob Uslander
There is often much that can be done to enhance a patient’s quality of life and allow them to stay alive and thrive, despite the presence of a terminal or challenging illness.
The regular presence of a physician (at least of a compassionate and caring one) can have an enormous impact on the care of a patient and the experience of a family dealing with a serious or terminal illness.
Personalized, Compassionate Medical Care You Can Trust
Integrated MD Care helps remove many of the enormous demands of complex health care situations from your plate. Our experienced medical team knows exactly what to do for a successful transition and is committed to turning medical confusion and uncertainty into clarity and confidence, for patients and loved ones.
“There’s so much fear of the unknown for most people. On top of that fear, patients and families often feel abandoned when they need good care the most. They don’t have the tools at their disposal to know what they need when things get challenging with their health.”
Dr. Bob Uslander and his team will work with you to co-create care plans that prioritize your unique definition of quality of life and peace of mind. There is never an obligation when you speak with anyone on our team so don’t hesitate to educate yourself and explore your options with a simple phone call.
Need Immediate Assistance?
Feeling the pressure to make a healthcare decision now? Learn your options. Call us now. Whether you’re located in Carlsbad, Pacific Beach, Poway or anywhere in San Diego County our team is standing by to help.
We urge you to reach out today at 858-925-7554 or fill out a consultation form so you can get the right assistance for you or your loved one.
There is no cost for your initial consultation.
Discover the Impact of Our Geriatric Care Services
Since 2016, we have been able to provide patients, families, and loved ones with the services and support necessary to live their best possible quality of life as they navigate difficult phases of their health journey.
Discover what our patients have to say about the positive benefits our geriatric care at-home services, in the video below.